Friday, 20 February 2015

In his shoes...

It was my last class for the day and I strutted lazily towards the hall that I was going to be spending about 50 minutes of my time for that day. Maybe I would have walked to the class more enthusiastically if I hadn't been quite bent on sleeping by 4am when I had an 8.30am class. This wasn't entirely my making, I had just finished my first set of midterms, and I had to celebrate in a kind of way, even if it meant staying up till that time, doing sweet nothings.

What actually inspired this post is not necessarily the fact that I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud at the boy in front of me taking pictures of my instructor and posting it on snapchat, or the fact that a class that supposedly had an enrolment of 130+ students had less than 50 students or so in attendance. The previous day, a friend on snapchat had also uploaded a similar video, the only difference being her instructor had an even smaller turnout of students.

this master piece is courtesy of my lovely friend Dinah... 


What got my attention was rather the fact that my instructor was so enthusiastic, sweating his ass and trying to explain subject matter in spite of all these challenges. This got me thinking, if I were in his shoes, what would I have done?

In my psychology class last semester, I had learnt about a situation called "Burnout". Burnout is what happens when you face stress from work and doubt your competence, achievement level and this impairs your satisfaction as a human being. teachers are one of the major victims of burnout, and the reason is not far fetched; students literally walk out on you when you are still talking. To illustrate my point, I found this video from my University's newspaper, asking instructors to read student's mean tweet in Jimmy Kimmel' style. Click here or watch below.



Anyway, over to you readers, if you were in the shoes of my instructor, what would you do?
Have you ever experienced burnout? What are ways to deal with it?
I really want your opinion on this so I'll be waiting.

In other news, I've been taking mirror selfies and appreciating God for the awesomeness that is Vancouver's weather



Congrats to Biobele for winning my Valentine's day Giveaway. You'll be receiving your gift any time soon.
How's your week been so far?
Have a splendid weekend.
Hugs and kisses. Xoxo.

4 comments:

  1. lmao that picture gets me....... funny how u looked that way a couple of days ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. Laughed my ass off

    ReplyDelete

My baby needs to grow, feed it with your comments!!!