Wednesday, 1 October 2014

But still, like air, I rise

When I read on Bella naija sometime in August that the Ebola outbreak had gotten to Nigeria, I was more than petrified. That day, I knew that my subconscious was Catholic because I am sure I did the sign of the cross like 10 times on hearing the news.
Many things in Nigeria were screaming wrong already. In Kevin Hart's voice, "we wasn't ready" , and in my darling Olympic Nigerian boy's voice, "we never hexpererit". Come on, there was Boko Haram, the missing girls, corruption, poverty, and you can name it. I had concluded, Nigeria would not survive it.
My first thoughts went to my family. All my family, both nuclear and extended stay in Nigeria. How would they be safe? Thinking about that alone, I said a mental prayer, "Nigeria, you just have to survive this".
I started praying seriously. My dear, I'm sure most of you even did the same. And each day, I'll follow the news on Bella naija and see how far we are going.


To cut the long story short, thanks to national heroes such as the Late Adadevoh and other medical team and the government, Nigeria contained Ebola. Compared to other countries affected, we did it!
Why am I writing this?
Because I truly believe in Nigeria. One day, boko haram and corruption will be no more and I will proudly blog again and say "we did it". One day!
Happy 54th independence day Nigeria, Giant of Africa. I'm proud to be a Nigerian.
I'll just conclude with some lines from the famous poem by Maya Angelou..
"You may write me down in history
You may trod me in the very dirt...
But still, like dust, I'll rise
Out of the huts of history's shame,
Up from a past that's rooted in pain,
Leaving behind nights of terror and fear,
Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear,
But still, like air, I'll rise"- Maya Angelou
Still we rise!
On another note, Happy New Month Guys.
Hugs and kisses. Xoxo

3 comments:

My baby needs to grow, feed it with your comments!!!